GHG emission - Mitigation measures
Social performance data
Education, Training and further development
Diversity and Equal opportunities
Governance body - Executive management team
Numbers are presented for full-time equivalent (FTE)
Corporate Social Responsibility
Labour Rights and Working conditions in the Supply chain
Health and Safety Performance Data
Governance Performance Data
Reporting Boundaries and Data collection
This report comprises the sustainability work for KAEFER Energy AS. We do not report the sustainability of our suppliers and subcontractors.
We have prepared the report based on the GRI reporting principles and guidance on boundaries. The report boundary is generally drawn around areas under the operational control of KAEFER Energy.
Data in this report have been divided into three categories in accordance with ESG reporting: environment, social and governance – reflecting our commitment to sustainability within each of these areas. Indicators have been selected on basis of relevance to us, with persons responsible for each area together with Head of HSEQ & Sustainability.
- Environmental data and GHG emissions are reported for our facilities, activities, and equipment on an operational control basis. Waste - no data available for our facility in Bergen. Figures for hazardous waste directed to and diverted from disposal applies for our IT-equipment waste only. No data for other waste fractions are available for 2022. GHG emission – data for all our facilities are reported, incl. Bergen.
- Scope 1 emissions are direct emissions from combustion processes from our buildings and offices (stationary), vehicles (mobile; vehicles used for transport of materials and people, including company cars, mobile plant, trucks/buses), and from refrigerants refilled at our buildings and offices, which are owned or controlled by KAEFER Energy. Controlled means, KAEFER Energy is paying and influencing energy, fuel, and emitted/consumed refrigerants. For our office in Bergen, a fraction of 2.93% applies to joint emissions from the entire facility. Excluded: project-sites on client premises. (Scope 3)
- Scope 2 emissions derive from purchased electricity and district heating for buildings and offices which are owned or controlled by KAEFER Energy. For our office in Bergen, a fraction of 2.93% applies to joint emissions from the entire facility.
- Scope 3 emissions are not reported completely yet due to its complexity. Emissions includes among other things emissions from project-sites on client premises and volumes of products sold (equity share). So far, we only report on our GHG-emissions from business travel.
- Health and safety incident data are reported for all our personnel and projects, including hired personnel, transportation of personnel and products according to the common standard in the industry. Data for suppliers with a business contract including own management of activities and HSE, are not included.
- Economic data is reported on an equity basis, unless otherwise stated.
- Workforce data covers employees in our direct employment.
- Human rights and social performance data are collected from assets under our operational control. Operations acquired or disposed of during the year are included for the period in which we owned them. Entities that we do not control, but have significant influence over, are included in the form of disclosures of management approach.
We do not have a common system for collecting all sustainability data. Information has been consolidated through systems within the areas of HSE & Sustainability, Human Resources, and Business Administration. The numbers and figures shown have been calculated or estimated using data from different sources in our organisation.
We continue to work to improve our data quality to enhance the reporting processes and transparency and we continuously strive to improve our internal data reporting procedures.
GRI Content Index
This report is a local extension of KAEFER Group's overall Sustainability and ESG report 2022.
KAEFER Energy has reported in accordance with the GRI Standards for the period 1 January to 31 December 2022. For Universal Standards GRI 1-3 2021, reference is made to KAEFER's Sustainability & ESG report 2022.
Sector Standard GRI 11 Oil and Gas Sector 2021 applies due to us providing services to offshore platforms, such as platform construction.
KAEFER Energy AS
4031 Stavanger, Norway
Phone: +47 51 80 81 00
Head of HSEQ & Sustainability
HSEQ & Sustainability Consultant
and Occupational Hygienist